Quality Behavioral Competencies™ (QBC) Coach Training
Quality Behavioral Competencies™ (QBC’s) is an innovative self-paced training course that provides organizations with an incredibly efficient way to improve staff behavioral teaching skills. Written in simple, clear, easy to understand language, each training module is focused on learning a specific functional skill, such as reinforcement, therapeutic instruction, or behavioral momentum. This 2-day Coach Training course prepares QBC Coaches to deliver the QBC program in either classroom, PSI (self-paced), or hybrid methods.
All QBCs are based on extensive applied research in the field of Applied Behavior Analysis. These skills are of incredible value in improving staff effectiveness when working with a wide range of populations, including special education, geriatrics, brain injuries, psychiatric conditions, and developmental disabilities.
Training research has shown that staff training curricula which include peers and direct supervisors in the training and feedback process are highly effective in generating and maintaining staff behavioral skills. The QBC course trains staff mentors and supervisors to teach, monitor, and maintain these important behavioral skills.
Efficient, Competency-Based Staff Training
- Critical behavioral skills such as reinforcement, reinforcer preference assessment, delivering instructions, and behavioral momentum.
- Staff can learn and be tested at their own pace.
- Training can be done in or outside of classroom setting.
- Selected staff members can be trained and certified as Competency Coaches, allowing them to teach and check the competency of other staff.
- Focus on important, evidence-based behavioral skills, without unnecessary theory or jargon.
Flexible Training System
When one or more members of your staff have been trained as QBC trainers, they can provide training to staff using either of these two approaches:
Classroom Instruction: Staff are trained in groups using a traditional adult learner model. Staff progress together through each model, demonstrate competency according to specific training criteria under the supervision of the trainer, then move on. All modules can be taught in a single classroom day or broken up into smaller sessions.
Self-Paced Instruction: Instead of (or in addition to) the classroom instruction model, trainers can use an innovative self-paced instruction program. Staff members can work through modules at their own pace and then work with a trainer to quickly solidify the skill, demonstrate mastery of the material, then practice the skill in real-world situations. As trainees complete each module, they meet specific training objectives and are ready to move on to the next one.
In addition to the actual training activities, QBS will provide the following materials and services:
- Trainer Manuals: Each participant receives a QBC Certification Trainer Manual.
- QBC Certificate: A certificate to each participant reflecting their Certified QBC training.
- Phone Consultation: A Master QBC Trainer is available to answer questions regarding the use of QBC modules at your facility during the first three months after training.
Each class may have up to 15 participants (who should be designated employees of your organization), who will be trained as Competency Coaches in the QBC Basic Series. These Coaches will then train additional staff in your organization. We can come to you and train up to 15 coaches at a time, or you may also sign up to attend an open session at our training center in North Attleboro, MA.
QBC Training materials are available for purchase from QBS for $25 per Trainee Packet (each of the modules in the series) plus shipping and handling. Volume discounts available.
For more information, use our simple contact form. We'll get back to you ASAP!